Travel Tripod?

Started Mar 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP hypercore360 Contributing Member • Posts: 991
Re: Travel Tripod?

fpessolano wrote:

The thing is that I actually ordered the 025x because I needed a very light tripod and did not like the idea of the 025 extruding column for my d800 in general.

But i received the 025 by mistake with the horrible fixed column. It is very wobbly even with a d800 and a 85 only. But the shop has decided to make a great offer on the 1205x because of the error ... thus, the 025 goes back, the 025x order is cancelled (the 025x is difficult to get anyhow) and the 1205x will come home. This one seems a bit bigger but much more stable and will work well next to my other two bigger and heavier tripod legs and the gorilla pod.

For me each tripod and head has a specific use. So I have three tripods and two heads.

That's great that you're getting a deal on the 1205x. I was tempted to order that one. Even though you're having to go through some trouble, looks like you're making out ok when it's all said and done.

hypercore360's gear list:hypercore360's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow