Which PP technique can produce these awesome colors & contrast?

Started Mar 28, 2013 | Questions thread
TiagoReil
TiagoReil Senior Member • Posts: 1,584
Re: Which PP technique can produce these awesome colors & contrast?

Benarm wrote:

Checkout some amazing photos at meninenuotrauka.lt, in particular, this photo. Really enjoyed the colors and contrast. Any suggestions on which PP techniques can produce similar results? Can this be done in Lightroom?

P.S. I am a newbie to advanced/major PPĀ 

Hi,

This is a photo that seems simple, but it is not. There has been some preparation (the position,t he distance to the trees) and posing (all in a row) for this photo. Is not just a process. He used a fast lens with no more than 50cm of DoF, and the trees far way enough to make the trees out of focus enough. I think that this photo is mostly a good photographer (posing his subjects, deciding the frame and location) with a fast lens to make a nice separation. For sure it has PP, but mostly to enhance what already is there.

The enhancements coud have been done only with Lightroom. Some exposure correction, contrast (using the contrast slider, or the whites/highlights and blacks/shadows) and cleaning. There is no mayor trick there in my opinion. But of course, I could be wrong.

TiagoReil's gear list:TiagoReil's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow