HS50 goes to the zoo

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
PAUL TILL
PAUL TILL Veteran Member • Posts: 9,286
Re: test request for Kim

alexisgreat wrote:

I swear I have enlarged M size to L size on some super fine print and still cannot find any kind of resolution advantage to the L size image.... it just uses more space on the card.  Still trying to figure out why L size DR 400 image seems to be dimmer than M size DR 400 (same DR though as the shadows are also darker).... Kim I know you've done this before with previous cams, but can you do another L size DR 400 vs M size DR 400 test, at AUTO ISO 400 and AUTO ISO 3200..... I dont know if you could do both indoors and outdoors (if you have that much time) but I want to see if the HS50 and F900 show the same results that I've been seeing.  The indoor test would be more easily controlled- where you could analyze resolution on fine print, shadow noise and DR (especially on specular highlights)..... NR Low and Sharpening Low to maximize image quality.

That's pointless, in average to good light the M size image will be at ISO100 and the L size ISO400 so the M size will always look cleaner/better.

-- hide signature --

The 10% Rule:
You Must Be 10% Smarter Than The Equipment You're Operating

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow