a65 (or a77) Camera Error Message on Screen - Help Please
These questions are specific to a65 (or a77) owners who have experienced "Camera Error" message on screen/viewfinder, with corresponding shutter lockup, requiring removal of battery (or more) to recover from. Also specific to those who have sent their camera into an authorized Sony Service Center in the USA to have the problem looked at.
1. First, did any one permanently fix this problem on their own? I have cleaned lens and camera contacts and this seems to help, but not completely eliminate, this problem.
2. Has anyone sent their a65 (a77) in for authorized Sony service to repair this problem? Did they fix it? What did they do? Was the outcome satisfactory?
3. How long did you have to wait between sending and receiving the camera back?
4. Are certain lenses more llikely to cause this problem? My main lenses are a new SAL18135mm, and a 70-300G that's a few years old.
5. Any other specific fixes I can try? I am on firmware 1.07. I am pretty careful when changing lenses. Shutter life: I have a little over 30,000 shots taken on the camera (although many hundreds are multi-shutter shots in Pano, HDR, MFNR modes). Camera was built in Thailand, received Oct. 2011. All-in-all, this is the most enjoyable and capable camera I have ever used!
Why ask all these questions? I cannot take the psycological injury of getting my camera back after 1-2 months with a note in the box saying "could not find a problem", or "could not reproduce customer-reported issue".
Thanks in advance,
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|Mar 27, 2013|
|Mar 27, 2013|
|Mar 28, 2013|
|Jun 14, 2013|
|Jun 26, 2014|
|Jun 29, 2014|
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sadiqur_Rahman by Sadiqur Rahman|
from Ain't Going to Work on Maggie's Farm no More
|Airborne by John Beavin|
from - How to respect the Flag and Anthem - (Portrait in Full Colours + A Border)