Switzerland already more European than the UK?

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Christoph Stephan
Christoph Stephan Veteran Member • Posts: 4,122
Re: Switzerland already more European than the UK?

papillon_65 wrote:

Chris, of course, I understand that. Personally I believe the overall cost outweighs the benefits but that is not my main concern. My main concern is the well documented and deliberate lies told by successive British governments to the British people. I am also concerned about losing sovereignty to an undemocratic and systemically corrupt organisation. That is my personal belief and its shared by many.

-- hide signature --

For the person who is good with a hammer, everything in life tends to look like a nail.....
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

Hello Tony,

The process in the EU should be more open, but perhaps less buearocratic (can be a contradiction again) and one cannot help the impression that much of the policy is designed to help the banks. It is always the common people that pay, in every country. Average Joe now bearing the brunt of austerity in Southern Europe, 20% unemployment. At the same time, rich Greeks, evade taxes and invest in property in Frankfurt, Germany, rather than in their country. I do not always like the role Germany plays in driving this austerity policy.

You raise valid points and your fgeelings are actually shared in many EU countries. However, I wonder whether they apply to any other aspect of politics as well. Politicians lie and make false promises. Remember the run up to the Iraq war - all big parties in Britain were in favour of it  despite the most massive street protests Britain has ever seen since a long time.

Very often elections are only choices between two different faces, not between different policies anymore.

Christoph Stephan's gear list:Christoph Stephan's gear list
Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 40D Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC LD Aspherical (IF) Macro
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow