Upgrading T2i (550)

Started Mar 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Wm Karoly Contributing Member • Posts: 807
T2i (550) is still a viable camera IMHO

I would still be using my T2i if I had not given it to my daughter. Only gave it to her because the T3i came out not long after I bought the T2i and I wanted the articulating screen.

IQ between these two cameras is identical. I think the IQ of the T4i is a slight improvement over the T3i but the touch screen seems interesting to me. T5i might be slightly better still but due to the Digic 5 and processing of the image in camera. The fact they still use the same basic CMOS sensor disappoints me a little. I kind of expect Canon to up the megapixels some. My guess is they could if they wanted to but then they bite into the sales of the 5D.

I think what you need is not higher clean ISO's (it would be nice though) but a faster lens. I shoot with my 50mm 1.8 Mk I (metal mounted) and a Pentax 50 1.7 manual focus. I love the look of the Pentax lens.

Rather than invest in a new camera why not invest in a new lens? It would allow you to shoot at lower ISO's.

Wm Karoly's gear list:Wm Karoly's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 70-200mm F4L USM Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
10s
10s
10s
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow