New Canon Rebel closing the gap on M4/3s

Started Mar 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
RaymondR
RaymondR Senior Member • Posts: 2,225
Re: New Canon Rebel closing the gap on M4/3s

I'll take you at your word that you are not trying to stir things up.  So my thought in response to yours is that absent a significant revolution in  lens design allowing the cropped sensor Canon lenses to be radically smaller without sacrificing any quality, the gap to which you refer will NEVER be closed.  so I take it you are using the word closing in a relative way -- it used to be a big gap and now it is a modestly smaller gap but still big.  Don't get me wrong, if you want change over, go for it.  But most of us in m4/3 are there for the overall size and weight advantage.  As for which of my cameras I pick when I want to print and enlarge, the only two prints I have ever taken to 16x20 are from my Canon G11, not my Oly PEN or my Nikon DSLR.  Sensor size is not the limiting factor on enlargement -- the quality of the photo is.

-- hide signature --

RaymondR

RaymondR's gear list:RaymondR's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX100 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
GBC
(unknown member)
GBC
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow