Switzerland already more European than the UK?

Started Mar 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
RobertSigmund
OP RobertSigmund Forum Pro • Posts: 10,750
Re: Switzerland already more European than the UK?

papillon_65 wrote:

RobertSigmund wrote:

Eddaweaver wrote:

"Europe" is not the same as "European Union".

I am aware of this. I used the term only because Papillon did and I did not want to correct him in this point since there are more than enough others. Papillon lives in a dream world where the EU is the source of all evil and if the UK leaves it, merry old Britain will return. I tried to make it clear to him that this is not the case. Yet he refuses to understand, and if he and his likes get their way, the awakening will be very hard indeed - the hangover of their life!

British people are happy to be part of Europe, just not the unelected and corrupt German led superstate called the EU.

I have to disagree: the EP is elected!!! Several Parliamentarians enjoying the luscious salaries and benefits of the EP come from the UKIP, which I find funny. The Council consists of the heads of government/ministers, and therefor also has its roots in elections. Even the Commission: the Commissioners are nominated by the national governments who are elected and approved by the EP which is elected. And German led? This is an illusion of yours. Germany is by far underrepresented in the Parliament and in the Commission staff, and in the Council it is one of 27 governments, together with such giants as Luxemburg or Malta. And that Germany pays the lion share even you might be aware of. Also, if you think that the EU is very popular in Germany, you are wrong! The Euro for example was a price to pay for the German reunification. Most Germans are still longing for their good old DM. Germans used to be the rich uncle in Europe. Not anymore. The average Italian is richter than the average German! When the Greek crisis broke out and we read for example about the pensions Greek electricity workers got, our mouthes went open!

I happen to be German, but I express my personal opinion, not a "German" opinion. My personal opinion is that the EU is good and important, we just may not let her to the evil capitalists who want to privatize water supply, railways, electricity etc.

-- hide signature --

For the person who is good with a hammer, everything in life tends to look like a nail.....
Tony
http://the-random-photographer.blogspot.com/

RobertSigmund's gear list:RobertSigmund's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 20D Sony SLT-A55 Sony SLT-A77 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow