Feature packed, a few weaknesses (nobody's perfect!)

Started Mar 27, 2013 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Gorpalm Regular Member • Posts: 204
Feature packed, a few weaknesses (nobody's perfect!)

A thorough feature set, let down very slightly by mono-sound recording for movies, plastic screw-thread for tripod mount, mushier-than-expected shots at ISO800+/low light multi-exposure shots, no auto-orientation in playback.

There's a lot to like about this camera - Small footprint, decent lens reach, capable IS, usable bounce flash, lots of shooting options/special effects (some of which you even might envisage using more than once!).  On top of that is a really decently responsive touch-screen, and the convenience of multi-mode wi-fi - Have now decided that wireless image transfer is SO the (lazy-xss) future! Low ISO shots clear as a bell.

Plastic case but nicely made, shame about the plastic screw mount.

I was initially disappointed by the ISO 800+ and multi-exposure low-light mode shots, but flip side of that is a very capable flash - Adjustable in both intensity -2/+2 and usable bounce - So yep I bite the bullet and shoot with flash where normally I'd try for natural-lit (with my aps-c and fuji X10) - But because of the adjustable light and the bounce, get acceptable-to-wow results at usable ISO levels.

A pretty decent proposition, any rival unit that matches it spec for spec and also corrects the four points I highlighted in the first paragraph that the Sammy falls down on costs around half again the asking price for this model.

-- hide signature --

Gordy

Gorpalm's gear list:Gorpalm's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Fujifilm Instax 210 +1 more
Samsung WB250F
14 megapixels • 3 screen • 24 – 432 mm (18×)
Announced: Jan 7, 2013
Gorpalm's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
unrated
Action / sports
okay
Landscapes / scenery
great
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
good
Flash photography (social)
excellent
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Fujifilm X10 Samsung WB250F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow