Great books on learning portrait photography?
What do you recommend as a great book (or books) for learning portrait photography?
Posing is one of the subjects that come to mind, and I'm not looking for yet another "100 poses" chart which I can find online, but something that'll teach me how to understand why a certain pose works for a certain situation -that way I hope I can learn to make my own posing decisions instead of just memorizing a chart. The same goes for other creative choices like choosing the right crop, the right aperture for a certain type of shot etc.
Books I've read about in this forum and elsewhere that I'm considering are:
- "The portrait photography course" by Mark Jenkinson
- "Envisioning family" by Tamara Lackey
- "Taking your portraiture to the next level" Ed Verosky (downloadable ebook)
- "Taking your portraiture to the next level II" Ed Verosky (downloadable ebook)
Are any of these worth buying, and are there other books worth reading?
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|INFERNO by Milmor Fotografias|
from Get to Work (Power Tools)
|Love my present! by eyahaled|
from Holiday reactions