Just a Photographer Senior Member • Posts: 1,368
Re: Good luck

Shaun_Nyc wrote:

AllOtherNamesTaken wrote:

Shaun_Nyc wrote:

Just a Photographer wrote:

Shaun_Nyc wrote:

Just a Photographer wrote:

Also knowing first hand that Canons support and care for their customers is even less then Nikons.

LOL ! Pass me whatever youre smoking !

You'll soon find out when your Canon camera breaks upon you...
For now keep dreaming of what you think is the better side!

Canon support is so far beyond Nikon it's ridiculous. This isn’t news to most.

Tell that to all the people who have never received resolution for their $7000 1DM3 paperweights.

I received a brand new (retail) camera from them on the 4th return in 08, cps were awsome imo. Allowed me to sell & move on w life

I know a few of those poor people personally. Or all the people who have oily 1 series sensors - Canon will only clean it, they won't replace the shutter like Nikon is doing.

If the sensor is only getting shutter lube on it then it only needs wet cleaning. I wet cleaned my D3 sensor because of shutter lube at least 20 times first year of use. Nikon are changing shutters now (d600) because it seems they are deemed defective as they are creating debris from abnormal wear I assume ?

Too bad you forgot to mention that Canon just let anybody in the cold with the AF problems on the 1DMKIII and also with the Mark IV. Not to speak about terrible AF performance of the 5D MKII which was sold as 'better' then 5D MKI.
Canon just didn't listen to many CPS members with the same problem or when they complained about the AF problems of their 1D's. They worked out a solution that was even worse. Just telling us to buy another camera....

No thanks Canons support is at least as bad as that of Nikon in that respect.
But you'll only find out after a couple of years being a good client of theirs.

There are some extremely bitter Canon folk due to poor QC and poor customer service. Neither company has great service, I think that is the only conclusion anyone can come to.

Canon (compared to Nikon) has great service trust me. They just waved a 254.00 repair charge on a 7 yr old but pristine cond 5D I sent in because I asked. When the repair est came online I called cps and for the hell of it said , "although the camera is 7 yrs old but has under 2500 actuations would canon like to still stand behind it ? They said "sure"..lol Nikon would sqeeze ever penny out of repair. Considering how Nikon has been responding w these numerous impact damage claims and crazy long wait times on brand new bodies it's nirvana over there.

Well I can tell you of a 5D MKII with only 20.000 shutter count not even a year old and had to pay for a new mirrorhouse. Then after I received it back I got a regular Error 20. Yet I had to pay again as they made a mistake with the replacement. Then the VR on my 70-200 IS broke. Also a lens which was under year old. Had to buy a complete new one as they told me I dropped while I hadn't.

So your 'good' experience, could also have been my bad experience....

Just a Photographer's gear list:Just a Photographer's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
glo
McJ
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
glo
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
fad
fad
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow