Nik Plugins - now an incredible deal

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jim Radcliffe
Jim Radcliffe Forum Pro • Posts: 11,825
If you have bought a NIK product in the past...

If you are a previous owner of any of the NIK plugins you should have received an email with a link to download either the Mac or Windows version.

I found mine in my spam folder.  I clicked on the link and the installer downloaded but it did NOT contain the .exe file extension.  when I clicked on the download, Windows asked if I wanted it to find the proper program to open it.  Well, that will not work.

What you have to do is add the .exe file extension (if it is missing).  You do this by renaming the file and simply add .exe to it.  You do NOT have to do anything more than add the .exe file extension to the installer download... but ONLY do this if the .exe extension is missing.

Once I did this the installer worked perfectly and found every program on my system which the plugins would work with.  Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge, Etc..

Everything works perfectly.   What's really cool about this is that I was about to buy the entire suite.  Getting it for FREE is great.

-- hide signature --

Jim Radcliffe
http://www.boxedlight.com
The ability to 'see' the shot is more important than the gear used to capture it.

Jim Radcliffe's gear list:Jim Radcliffe's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-H1
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow