Incremental restores from TM backup via CCC?
Should it be possible to restore individual folders from a Time Machine backup via, eg, Carbon Copy Cloner in an incremental manner to essentially roll back a folder to any state stored in the TM backups? With the real question being whether CCC (or Synk or Chronosync) gets confused by the multiple hard links in the TM backup.
This won't work for the whole OS because TM, I think, does not store the whole OS and because things like blessing and prebinding won't work if the source is a folder and not a volume. But it should work for a whole user folder and probably also the top-level Library folder (certainly the Applications folder).
Just an idea on how to efficiently roll back large parts of the OS (well, Users, Library, and Applications) to any of the TM backup dates.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%