Jumping ship to Canon...

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
T O Shooter Veteran Member • Posts: 8,784
Re: His Mind is Made Up Already

RhysM wrote:

reginalddwight wrote:

mnodonnell wrote:

You seem to be measuring cameras relative to other cameras rather than relative to your needs.

But by all means, do as you wish.

+1

Similar to other threads like the OP's, all of this hemming and hawing is for show. His mind is made up already on his next camera purchase.

Yeah, you're right i'm just going to buy a a 20mp compact with a 20x zoom lens because that's how I roll. You're so clever you rumbled me, reginalddwight for president of the universe 'cos he's sooooo clever!

I'll start with "I'm sure half the fellows on here are twelve years old". You'd think you'd gotten caught having a go around with their wives the animosity you get when you mention moving to Canon.  Big deal!  Should be no different than grabbing a Coke or a Pepsi

Anyway, I don't think you'd go wrong considering a D800  or 800e. You, as I do, only shoot for our own pleasure. The 36mp will stay fixed at 36mp as long as you own it.  The cost of the processing power will only go down.  Next year or the year after it will be dirt cheap. And while I didn't have the left AF issue, it would seldom if ever affect me.  I do have some inconsistent focus issues on BIF and some other moving "stuff" but that doesn't show up in landscapes or portraits.  And in reality the D800 is more geared to studio or landscape.

T O Shooter's gear list:T O Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5 Nikon D4S Nikon D500 Nikon D850 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
glo
McJ
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
glo
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
fad
fad
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow