formatting memory disks
The Z740 is from 2005. That's before SDHC. I think the maximum card you can use is 2GB in an SD card, SDHC won't work.
The manual won't tell you that because the SDHC type didn't exist yet.
I think it's around 2007 when some Kodaks could use the SDHC and some couldn't. There were a few 4GB SD cards available at the time, but I don't think they exist anymore.
I used Kodak at the time and I had to be careful about which card I could use. The SDHC wasn't compatible with most models from what I remember.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%