X-E1 vs nex 7 questions

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
nspur
nspur Senior Member • Posts: 1,051
Re: X-E1 vs nex 7 questions

I had the NEX 7 and could not get on with it. I found it too small, the handling unintuitive and the EVF like peering into an electronic telescope. So I traded it for a Fuji X-E1 and now have two of them. The EVF is good and suits me well. It's probably the same as the Olympus VF2, giving a very detailed lifelike view without the electronic styles of the Sony and Panasonic varieties. If you want to use your Voigtlander wide lenses on the X-E1 you ought to get the Fuji M adapter as with that you can eliminate colour and geometric aberrations and vignetting. With the right correction parameters you will get excellent results. The 18-55 lens is good and the image stabilisation is better than the Olympus or Pentax in-body variant and you do get to see the effect in the VF which you can't with IBIS.

If you do get an X-E1 and want a lens with an effective 35 mm field of view I would suggest you buy a Fuji X100 before there are no more new ones available. In the UK they can be bought for less than the anticipated price of the Fuji 23 mm lens !

-- hide signature --

Nick Spurrier

nspur's gear list:nspur's gear list
Leica T Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-H1 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow