Upgrading T2i (550)

Started Mar 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP Myer Senior Member • Posts: 2,805
Re: Upgrading T2i (550) - Committed to Canon

We flew into and out of Calfary. About 4 hour drive.

There's one main road (Going to the Sun Road) that goes thru the park. Then there are two minor roads that go in a bit from the east side. One above the main road to Many Glacier and one below the main road to Two Medicine.

Many Glacier has grizzlies and beautiful scenery. There's a Lake called Fishercap that's a very short hike. We went there 3-4 times and saw wildlife there each time. A grizzly not far and male and female moose in the lake eating and some deer just beside the lake a few times.

Off the main road at the middle (Logan's Point) there are two main hike: Hidden Lake (saw bighorn sheep in the distance) and on the other side of the main road there's the Highline trail (we saw white mountain goats up close).

Beautiful scenery everywhere. We didn't have time to go to the west side of the park or Two Medicine. My daughter is married with a 6 year old so when we negotiate she wants less days and I want more.

On the 4th day we stopped at Waterton Lakes on the Canadian side on the way back to Calgary. We did a relatively short but very strenuous hike there. Tough on old legs.

The season is quite short due to location and elevation.

I'm going back with a friend this summer in early August but for a longer period. Since we're leaving from Calgary (he lives in Toronto) we added a couple of days and we're going to Banff and Jasper on the Canadian side.

Pictures of the Glacier trip on on my web site. www.travelwalks.com

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
10s
10s
10s
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow