Jumping ship to Canon...

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Les Freed
Les Freed Regular Member • Posts: 356
Re: D600

I couldn't agree more. I went from a D200 to a D7000 to a D600, and never looked back. I've shot  hundreds of photos with the D600, many of them studio shots at small apertures on a white background. I have yet to see a single dust spot, and even if I did, I'm perfectly capable of cleaning the sensor.

Several years ago, I went from Nikon to Canon (D30 -> D60 -> EOS-10D), but eventually came back to Nikon. They are both fine systems, each with its own advantages. The biggest difference to me is that Nikon's wireless flash system (at least back a couple of years ago) is much easier to use than Canon's.

Since the OP is not invested in either system, it really comes down to a coin toss. But I wouldn't rule out the D600 because of the dust issue. While I don't doubt that many people have had problems with dust and/or oil, It is simply a non-issue for many D600 users.

Les Freed's gear list:Les Freed's gear list
Nikon D600 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
glo
McJ
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
glo
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
fad
fad
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow