Jumping ship to Canon...

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jay A Senior Member • Posts: 1,767
Re: Jumping ship to Canon...

While I honestly feel your pain, please take a real good look at Canon before you do anything. I too have had a lot of issues with Nikon and have more than once considered going back to Canon where I had been for a few years. I borrowed and tried a 5D MKIII for a few days a couple of months ago and was shocked to see what I felt was rather poor JPG quality and worse, focusing issues which I had thought Nikon had an exclusive on. In many instances the MKIII just did not obtain focus on anything in the scene. I still have no idea why, but (even with using flash as the ONLY light source and shooting on a tripod) on many occasions everything in the entire scene would just be a tad soft. I see this happen with my D800 every so often, but the percentage of this happening with the Canon was very strange. Maybe it was just a defective body or lens, I don't know but it was enough to tell me that yes Canon does have some focus issues too.

Anyway, another thing to consider is that you have a D700. If you are not going to go with at least a D800 or 5D MKIII, you will be taking a step down. Yes the D7100 looks good so far, but are you really going to be happy with a DX camera of overall lower quality than the one you already have?

Just some food for thought.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
glo
McJ
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
glo
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
fad
fad
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow