Jumping ship to Canon...

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
hypercore360 Contributing Member • Posts: 961
Re: Jumping ship to Canon...

RhysM wrote:

**Before i start, this is not an inflammatory post, i'm not a troll and am not looking to generate arguments.**

D800/e - Right size, but i can't see that need for 36mp and the file size/processing power needed to edit RAW files is also a concern, add in the QC reports for the left focus points and i'm not prepared to take the risk of buying a £2000+ camera with the knowledge it could potentially have a fault.

Thoughts?

Allow me to address the "D800/e" - since I own the "E":

It's a little silly to say that you don't have a "need for 36mp"... No one "needs" all of this gear either. Sometimes, the "need" arises from using something. I don't per se "need" it either, but have found that when a shot is sharp as a tack, and I need to crop, it's simply amazing what I can get out of 100%  or more crop.

Absolutely anything and everything has the potential to have fault; your car, your house, any piece of electronics. I'm not really trying to convince you to buy anything really. It's your money, and you and spouse, ultimately decide what's best for you.

If you go with Canon, best of luck. They make a VERY good product; however, they are also not without their problems either...

You won't find perfection anywhere.

hypercore360's gear list:hypercore360's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
glo
McJ
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
glo
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
fad
fad
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow