Ways to market brides for photography?

Started Mar 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
Vegasluvr Senior Member • Posts: 2,102
Re: Ways to market brides for photography?

When I first dived into wedding photography, I hit all the Catholic, Methodist, Presbyterian, Lutheran and non-denomination churches in the town I was based in.

Today I am the official photographer to major five-star hotels in prime markets (S. California, Hawaii, Las Vegas, Colorado, Oregon, Arizona as well as overseas Australia, Japan and the United Kingdom). I do not attend bridal shows. Most of my bookings comes from friends who are overbooked. But I do get a lot of referrals from the hotels mentioned above. I had to add on some photographers to cover these events.

When hotel wedding coordinators recommends us and a contract is signed, we always give the person who referred us a small gift of appreciation. It could be a $500 gift certificate to a 4 day/3 night stay in Las Vegas plus complementary tickets to a major headliner show in one of the major hotels on the Strip. This steers a lot of clients our way and the benefits is mutual.

Vegasluvr's gear list:Vegasluvr's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow