Charity as a price objection

Started Mar 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
Vegasluvr Senior Member • Posts: 2,102
Re: Charity as a price objection

Sadly, you are going to be a poor photographer if you do not diversify. I only shoot certain charitable events. Some I do as good will but others I charge a heavily discounted rate. But I look at the opportunities like what other organizations will be sponsoring the event because then I can network and possibly gain paying clients.

I also tell the organizations I will own the rights to the images. If they are going to use them in advertising, a credit line is mandatory. In all other cases, I must be notified and approve of how the images are shown or printed.

If no big names are sponsoring the event(s), I kindly bow out. It is not worth my time or efforts doing charity because almost always they are demanding and trying to take all sorts of advantage of you.

I am also very picky about who I work with. The charity I work with MUST give back 95% of the money they receive. They must provide me with financial details. If they refuse, then I also refuse to offer my services free.

Vegasluvr's gear list:Vegasluvr's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L II USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow