Hello, I am in the process of creating a book that about street artists. Because of the ephemeral nature of the work, we are relying on the artists to send pictures of their art. (the backstory)
I was told by our editor that for printing purposes the photos need to be 300dpi. But many of the photographs the artists are sending are at 72 dpi. I am trying to figure out if they can be used in our book because they appear not to have a high enough resolution. I have done a little research but an still slightly confused.
No they are not sending in at 72dpi. The software for some (long lost historical?) reasons writes that into the EXIF. They are sending in an image of a certain size.
I bet it's 72 dpi because that's the resolution of a Mac Plus screen and an Imagewriter.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%