Wide angles with NEX-7

Started Mar 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Nexographer Regular Member • Posts: 213
Re: Wide angles with NEX-7

alextardif wrote:

seachicken2000 wrote:

ktveter wrote:

I really dont understand why so many dicredit the NEX-7 sel1018 combo.

I'm with you. I have 16Mpixel and 24Mpixel NEXes, and IMO it's better on the NEX-7 because it's sharp enough to exploit the extra resolution. Magenta casting doesn't seem to be a problem if you a shoot around the lens's optimal aperture, which I almost always do.

Great images you posted there too by the way.

-- hide signature --

"The only thing that gets in the way of a really good photograph, is the camera"
Norman Parkinson

Great shots!

What is considered to be the optimal aperture on this glass?

From my experience testing the lens for a couple of days on my NEX-7, stopping down does not improve significantly on the magenta casting issue.

At focal lenghts of 14mm and longer the the casting becomes less visible, enough so that I would say it's not a problem for practical use. For me that was too much of a compromise, that's why I returned it.

I'm curious to see somebody posting full-res shots of the new SEL 20mm with the UWA-converter which should give a pretty nice 22,5mm equivalent f.l. in a compact package. Might become the best solution for NEX-7 users.

Nexographer's gear list:Nexographer's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha a7 II Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow