Notice - USER REVIEWS - healthy or not ? Locked

Started Mar 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
This thread is locked.
MOD Higuma Veteran Member • Posts: 4,418
Notice - USER REVIEWS - healthy or not ?

The introduction of "user-reviews" to these forums has generated what seems to be a counterproductive wave of comments that seem certain to upset the delicate balance of good health that has been slowly progressing in this forum...

In the two most recent / prevalent cases both threads discussing these user reviews have been locked as they were both starting to / showing promise of getting ugly...

It seems that there is nothing positive to come from discussions regarding user reviews and they eventually boil down to either claims of trolling or blantant fan-boyism...

As a result - in the interim - such user reviews will be locked ( not deleted ) in this forum as soon as they are detected by me until the usefulness of this new "feature" can be discussed between the moderators and the admins behind closed doors...

This way the "authenticity" of these reviews will remain intact because they have not been altered but comments will be severely limited... In the future - - if it is determined that these discussions should be allowed unrestricted I will will unlock the threads and bump them back to the top of the first page...

FWIW, this feature has come as just as much of a surprise to the moderators as yourself and some problems ( as noted above ) have been passed on to the admins for their consideration...

For your part - if you either like or dislike this new feature I would suggest that you take a few moments to give feedback to the admins on this subject by clicking the feedback link at the bottom of any page...

They need to hear your voice to gauge the interest or disinterest in this matter...

I would also like to limit discussion on this matter in this thread - the best way for you to get a say or make sure you are heard is to leave feedback as noted above... If the discussion here gets too involved I will lock this thread as well...

Thanks in advance....

-- hide signature --

"Life's uncertain..... so always remember to Eat Dessert First"

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Higuma
MOD TOF guy
MOD TOF guy
MOD Higuma
MOD TOF guy
MOD Higuma
MOD Higuma
MOD Higuma
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow