Unfair practices by manufacturers -re pricing on products

Started Mar 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
OP Answell Contributing Member • Posts: 958
Re: Unfair practices by manufacturers -re pricing on products

cosmonaut wrote:

When you are talking about a camera of this caliber and price range I don't see how a couple of hundred dollars could make or break the deal.

It means nothing to me what things cost in other countries Or what kind of warranty or support is offered. Every other country has different taxes, shipping cost, cost of livings, availability, supply and demand and population. All can effect pricing. Gas in some countries is over $6.00 a gallon. It is what it is.

I beg to differ. The price of a camera, no matter which one, is of importance to me. I am a hobby photographer, and as such, do care about how much I spend. It is not a tax write off, nor do I make money selling my photos. Warranty is not an issue for me so if I can get the same camera cheaper somewhere else, and especially if I do not have to pay 13% taxes on top, then this is where I will buy. After working hard for my money over the years, I learn how not to waste it, which is something a lot of you should exercise , and I honestly believe that people who have no regard for how much they spend on their hobby do help to drive up the price of consumer goods.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow