Got my 5diii, everything seems to need micro-adjustment

Started Mar 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
erick4x4
erick4x4 Regular Member • Posts: 386
Got my 5diii, everything seems to need micro-adjustment

I'm just checking if you all think this is normal.

I got the 5Diii yesterday, and I find that almost every lens is needs +10 then it did on my 5Dii.

It doesn't worry me because I have the micro adjustment, but I'm curious if this seems normal.

On my mk2 most lenses were needing about 0 to -7, with my 70-200ii needing the most at -11.

Now on the mk3 most lenses dialed in around +3 to +10, with the 70-200ii now needing +0.

It feels like everything is seeming sharp now, and I think this is why I like cameras with AF adjustment and good consistent lenses, but I was surprised how different from my mk2 it was.

Just checking if this is anything to consider sending the camera back or if this seems normal (heck it could be that the mk2 was off by a fair amount on most).

Thoughts?

erick4x4's gear list:erick4x4's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Sony a7R II Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +7 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow