Is it appropriate for a pro wedding photographer to ask for amateur pictures of the same wedding?

Started Mar 22, 2013 | Questions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MaxCh Contributing Member • Posts: 904
Is it appropriate for a pro wedding photographer to ask for amateur pictures of the same wedding?

I would not even call myself an amateur. I love taking pictures but don't really know much about photography. I have a lot of respect who actually knows how to take a good picture. I do not.

I recently was at my cousin's wedding and shot hundreds of pictures. I think some of them were quite good, but, again, I am not sure I can even tell a difference between a really great photo and a mediocre one. I only shot the pictures so that my cousin would have them available next day on Picassa instead of waiting for several months. I have t3i. My cousin was extremely happy. I also focused on some family members who seemed to be ignored by the pros - that was also much appreciated.

At the end of the wedding I was approached by a pro who asked to copy my flash card. Apparently, his team "missed some shots". I did not care one way or another - I led him copy my pictures.

I am just curious if this was something many pro wedding photographers do?

MaxCh's gear list:MaxCh's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +1 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 600D (EOS Rebel T3i / EOS Kiss X5)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow