Which camera

Started Mar 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Flat view
Frances144 New Member • Posts: 18
Which camera

I prefer Canon, I will admit, but can be dissuaded.

The perfect camera would be/have.....

a swivel viewer (that is very useful)

excellent for close-up flower shots

the best optical image stabilisation (not a tripod or monopod please)

be robust and big(ish) - I currently have a Powershot G9 and it is just too small in my hands, if that makes sense, and a Canon Mark IV which can be too big when I am out walking.

I would like it to do landscapes and close ups of the plants on the moor predominantly.  I rarely use flash and I do like indoor shots too without flash (which I would use a tripod for).  Outdoors, it should be quite quick, ie action shots for dogs running after rabbits.

Is there anything out there that would suit my needs?

All answers hugely appreciated.

I do want lots of pixels so I can crop too on the good bits. I would rather not have endless variations of types of situations but work it out or play with it myself but a good automatic type is useful too for the quick point-and-squirt methodology when time is not on your side.

Also I do believe in you get what you pay for and I want a professional "type" camera and not happy snapz.

Canon PowerShot G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow