"No professional cameras allowed"

Started Mar 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jaybp Forum Member • Posts: 85
"No professional cameras allowed"

I posted this in the last "this week thru" post, but I thought my story was funny enough that people might appreciate a thread.

We took our daughters to see "Disney on Ice" last week. Plastered all around the outside of the stadium were signs that read "No Professional Camera's" (and yes, it had the incorrect apostrophe). Around my neck I had my E-M5 and 20/1.7, but I also had a bag with my other m43 equipment (lenses, flash, etc.). When we went in, the ticket person stopped me and asked to check my camera bag. They started to get concerned when they saw all the stuff, but my wife quickly said "It's just for this little camera". They looked at the E-M5, and quickly said "Oh, that's fine, go ahead".

Micro 4/3 for the win!

All shots were with the 45/1.8, as that's the only long-ish lens I have that was able to work in that light. I also had to do a *ton* of cropping. We were in the fourth row, right on the floor. The seats were great, but I had a hard time with heads in the bottom of the frame.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/parlar/sets/72157633045389265/

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow