Sekonic L-758DR Factory Reset Question

Started Mar 20, 2013 | Questions thread
Frank104375 Regular Member • Posts: 253
Re: Sekonic L-758DR Factory Reset Question

Eric,

If you attach your meter to your computer and then open the Sekonic Data Transfer Software you will see all of the profiles you have created as well as the CAMERA DEFAULT setting for the meter. In the software you can adjust any of the profiles you have created, add more or delete the ones you do not want.

To restore your meter to factory default settings select the camera default setting from the exposure profile list and then transfer that information to your attached light meter replacing the custom profiles you have created as needed. I have the L-758DR and have made adjustments, additions and deletions to my camera profile list but as of yet have not needed to reset it to factory defaults.

If it is the custom settings in the preferences section that you are wanting to reset to the factory default setting of zero (0) you just need to enter the custom setting mode and then hold down the memory clear button and all of the preferences will default back to zero (0). To enter the custom setting mode the meter must be turned off. Press and hold the mode button and then turn the power back on and you will be in custom settings. When you are finished in the custom menu area just turn the power off and the process will be completed.

You can have a large number of profiles listed in the software but can only store three at one time in the meter. You should, as far as I can see, have no problem in resetting your meter to the factory default profile and settings by using the Sekonic sofware.

Frank

-- hide signature --

Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships. ~ Ansel Adams

Frank104375's gear list:Frank104375's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow