D800 images pixelated on computer

Started Mar 21, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jonathan Kinzenbaw Forum Member • Posts: 77
D800 images pixelated on computer

Hi All,

I need your help with a problem / how-to on my D800 camera. I have Adobe CS6 on my Mac laptop, and was shooting raw imagery today with my D800 in Florida. When I got back to the computer, I uploaded the NEF files to my computer. CS6 let me view the files, but any time I tried to zoom in to see detail, the picture was pixelated.

At first I thought it was just the lag in loading the detail... these pictures are over 40 MB each. So I let it sit quite a while and work, but after a few minutes, it still hadn't loaded (this is on a brand new MacBook Pro).

I can't figure out why the images are so pixelated. I was able to open them in Photoshop, but never had this problem on my D700 - zooming into picture detail on a D700 the images are clear and sharper. And those are much lower resolution than my D800.

Any experience or advice you can offer would be very much appreciated. Thanks for your help!!

Jon

Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow