Green cast in D800 screen - Nikon Response

Started Mar 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
glassjunky New Member • Posts: 16
Green cast in D800 screen - Nikon Response

I just sent my newly purchased (literally, I just have it tested the day I received it, then send it out to Nikon next day) D800 body in to fix left focus point, dust, and green cast on LCD screen.

They approved a B2 level repair for the focus point issue and dust on sensor, but they said that inconsistency between my calibrated monitor and the D800 LCD screen is not an issue.  To fix it, in Nikon's word, there is "a fee of $30.00 to apply a color space change to your D800 camera to more closely reflect the LCD color output of a D3-series camera."

I insisted I don't care whether my LCD looks like the D3, I just want the image I saw on D800 looks like what I would get on my monitor.  I called Nikon again, they escalated my case...  Unfortunately I got the following response:

"Your inquiry has been escalated to me here at the corporate office. The LCD screen of the D800 has been designed this way intentionally and to change that is not a repair it is a modification that some customers choose to have completed. As there is nothing wrong with the lcd screen of the D800 this modification is not covered under the warranty and there is a charge to perform that service."

Nikon D3 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MTT
MTT
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow