7D mk2: apsc’s last stand?

Started Mar 8, 2013 | Discussions thread
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 2,853
Re: 70D...are we still getting it soon ?

jonrobertp wrote:

Since the 700D is now leaked...and mostly a rehash of the 650...Canon seems to be stalling...for time..to rethink the 70D...which then may wait for a few mo...and the 7DII till new snow in fall...and that is just too long...for me, and for the market.

Now if only I can get the AF from that old 7D to fit into the 7100...like a chevy V8 into a Ford...we'd be cruising.

The 700D hasn't necessarily been leaked.  Remember Canon came out with the XXXXD as the red headed step child to its big brother the XXXD series.  There's no reason to think this EOS-100D or EOS-b or whatever isn't just a replacement for that line, finally incorporating the 18MP sensor into a lower line before coming out with their new sensor.

I doubt that the XXXD Rebel line is going to be downgraded at all and especially so soon after the T4i hit the market.  No, they are not stalling.  They don't need to rethink thing....that's not how big product releases work.  If they have a 70D or 7DMarkII in the pipeline nothing will change that now.  They aren't going to scrap the production lines because Nikon came out with a camera.

Dude, you need to quit worshipping the D7100 here.  I've looked at it and it's not the camera to end all cameras.  Nikon got off their butts for a day and quit with their 16MP APS-C sensor and went up 8 megapixels on two bodies starting back in late 2012 with the D5200.  Their full frame D4 is still 16MP and they just upped their other full frame bodies to something new and different in the form of 24 and 36MP.  Canon hasn't had their released cycle hit yet and when it does it isn't a response to these new releases since the inception of those new products would have occurred a long time ago.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
MOD elfroggio
(unknown member)
MOD elfroggio
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD elfroggio
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD elfroggio
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow