Ming Thein reviews the GH3

Started Mar 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jorginho Forum Pro • Posts: 14,300
Re: For fun: read his EPl5 review...

Well, they're two entirely different cameras. One is supposed to be a top-of-the-line pro or semi-pro model, and the other is a compact advanced consumer / enthusiast model.

GH3 and OMd are entirely different too. The first one a faux DSLr and the second one a nostalgic sdesign. The first one state of the art video cam, the second one plainly aimed at stills.

I have to say that I still like the review as I like his photo's really a lot. He said he didn't like the Gh3. Okey: but he got some really nice shots with it anyways!

He did, indeed - the shots look quite nice.

He didn't get along with the camera - OK, no biggie. He's entitled to that opinion. Maybe he didn't give it enough time. Maybe he prefers something smaller. Doesn't really matter - if the camera doesn't appeal to him, that's what he should say in his review.

Not my problem at all. However: not giving it a chance is another matter. Saying: I didnt shoot too much with it because of this to me is a no-go for a photographer unless the camera was a bad copy or simply stalled all the time..

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow