Ming Thein reviews the GH3

Started Mar 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jorginho Forum Pro • Posts: 13,616
Re: I'm Relaxed

fine to disagree with a reviewer's opinions or conclusions, and that was often done. What wouldn't have made (and still doesn't make) sense is to complain that the reviewer is offering his opinion - that's what a review is all about.

tex

It is perfectly fine to review ones style, the content and the way oen comes to conclusions or presents findings as personal opinions or personal opinions as facts. If youdon't find it usefull, then don't. I do. It seems to be very common these days to question someone from that perspective as well.

Again: read Michael Reichmanns preliminary review from october 2012 of the GH3. Lookhow he constantly makes clear that it is his opinion while at the same time, like you correctly say, does not do that all the time. Also in the end, he almost apologizes about not being more thorough etc. I am not saying it is better or worse, but as you can expect from me: I think so.

I also think that reichmanns review shows the shortcomongs of ming quite clearly. Ming simply lacks any  knowledge of video and the result it that it moreless is equated to the OMd video. Reichmann knows what he is talking about (a lot more at least) and clearly states correctly that the GH3 video is by far superior to OMD ones. Essential as this is of a large influence on the final price which understandably is higher for the GH3.

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow