Ming Thein reviews the GH3

Started Mar 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
texinwien Veteran Member • Posts: 3,326
Come On

Jorginho wrote:

I didn't quote them because there was too much of those absolutistic remarks:

"it’s actually gotten worse with the latest iteration, as in the interests of making the design look slick, it’s now not very clear what’s been selected, nor is it very intuitive to figure out how to move between menus and submenus – especially for those overlaid on the live view screen."

Look, here a few short snippets out of the CameraLabs.com review of the OM-D E-M5 :

The position of the on/off switch, on the bottom right corner of the rear panel is a little awkward, but at least it won't be activated accidentally and it's out of the way of the shooting controls.

The playback and Fn1 buttons, positioned at the rear of the top plate are particularly fiddly.

The E-M5's size works much more in its favour than against

OH MY GOD! CALL THE AUTHORITIES! CAMERALABS.COM IS MAKING ABSOLUTIST STATEMENTS OF OPINION AS IF THEY WERE FACT IN A REVIEW!

Seriously, this train of argument is ridiculous. It is common knowledge that, in a review, the reviewer will be offering his opinion in addition to fact. It is not common practice to require a reviewer to preface every statement of opinion in his reviews with 'I found', 'for me' or 'in my opinion'.

Now, I think it does make sense for people who are discussing a camera to clearly delineate between fact and opinion, but opinion is expected in a review, and must not be clearly marked every time its included in the review.

tex

texinwien's gear list:texinwien's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 OnePlus One Canon EOS 300D +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow