People using their tablets as cameras, explain this to me!

Started Dec 26, 2012 | Discussions thread
T3 Forum Pro • Posts: 20,327
Re: can't beat the size of that viewfinder!

ljfinger wrote:

T3 wrote:

What you simply fail to even consider is that there are pros and cons to everything. An open-minded person can understand this. Clearly, you do not.

You fail to understand context.

This is an enthusiast digital photography website. While I don't fail to understand why non-enthusiasts like the general public might use a phone instead of a camera, I do fail to understand why an enthusiast would do that. I also fail to understand why even the general public would use a tablet as a camera instead of a phone. You know most all of them have one, and even a phone is a more practical camera than a tablet.

Well, there are several reasons.  First of all, images look great on a big screen.  Just look at an image on a small phone screen next to one on a tablet screen and the difference is obvious.  It's like the difference between looking through a tiny crop-sensor viewfinder vs a large FF viewfinder.  Furthermore, once you've captured that image, it's nicer to view and edit that image on a big screen using the various image editing apps designed for the larger tablet screens.  (And, indeed, an /enthusiast/ would be more likely to want to do a bit of editing to their image, and therefore would like to take advantage of the various image editing apps that look and work so great on a larger tablet screen.)  Plus, if you want your image on the tablet (for viewing, displaying, storage, or editing), it's obviously more "practical" to shoot it on the tablet to begin with, rather than shooting it on your phone and having to transfer it to your tablet.

T3's gear list:T3's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL3 Canon EOS M Fujifilm X-E1 Samsung NX30 +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
tko
BJL
BJL
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
T3
MOD darkref
T3
(unknown member)
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow