how do photagraphers go about getting started, company, websites, insurance?

Started Mar 18, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GRphotos
GRphotos Forum Member • Posts: 67
how do photagraphers go about getting started, company, websites, insurance?

Can anyone share where to start, i am over in france and just photographed the president, mayor and all the head religious people during a march to support solidarity against the crimes some guy committed last year by killing several military personnel and children at a Jewish school, i got some very nice photos and videos, i did not even need a press pass or permit, i was inside with everyone, so where do i start, what will all these other people do with their nikons and canons, do they sell their photos to the associated press etc?

I have purchased a canon 5dmkii, rig (matte box, lliliput LCD, shoulder pac etc) decent manfrotto mono and tripods, i also have done several documentaries already with this camera and the 5dmkii when i went o film school, but no one told us how to get gigs, do the talk, i know i have tons of images people want but do not want to just upload them on the internet with out understanding my rights, i already had issues when shooting documentaries where people assumed i was in contact with broadcast studios and able to sell them for allot of money, and i was doing them for free for experience, today someone told me i should still make a invoice to keep for taxes, so i opened a small biz company, now what i am asking myself lol

please do share, thanks

thanks

GRphotos's gear list:GRphotos's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
ANSWER:
Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow