Ming Thein reviews the GH3

Started Mar 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
David247
David247 Senior Member • Posts: 2,406
Good photographer with opinions.

Ming is a really good photographer with strong opinions.  So what, that accounts for about 90% of the people on the various DPR forums except that not all of them are good photographers.

He got some of his facts wrong.  (hmm guess he is human).  The camera was loaned to him by a student, but I don't think he was really interested in getting familiar with it.   That is okay.

It is good to read dissenting opinions as they open up the mind.   I don't agree with all of his thoughts, but I appreciate that he shared them.  Take from his review (opinion) what is of benefit or is helpful and let go of the rest.

The GH3 is still on my shortlist, along with the OMD-EM5, and a couple of other cameras.   I find reading other people's hand on experiences helpful.   I don't have to agree with them, but take what is helpful to me.  So when the time comes for me to buy, I will know what I am looking at and for.   Hopefully by then I'll be able to get some hands on time of my own with my cameras of interest.

There are no perfect cameras, never have been (and I've been shooting for 47+years).  For every individual there are cameras that fit "them" and their style better then others.   Find what works for you, then you won't need to justify it.  Your photography will do that for you.

I follow Ming's forums.  I don't have to agree with everything he says, but I consider his "opinions" to have some value based upon his photographic skill and experience.  I consider them "food for thought".   Nothing more and nothing less.

-- hide signature --

David
Lightweaver's Photo Gallery: http://dwrobinson.zenfolio.com
Lighweaver's Blog: http://lightweaversblog.blogspot.com
"It's about the light. It is always about the light. Everything else is just tools to show the light in its infinitely changing forms."

David247's gear list:David247's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Olympus E-510
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow