Ming Thein reviews the GH3

Started Mar 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
tgutgu Veteran Member • Posts: 4,109
Re: Jeff.

Aleo Veuliah wrote:

Jeff Tokayer wrote:

Why rub salt to the wound.

This similar to the humm and other issues reported on the OMD, that in fact they are no issues, it is just like the cameras work, not defects.

There are more people saying the EVF is fine. I have tried one for many hours and the EVF was perfect, I tried an OMD and the humm is hardly noticeable and it is the way IBIS works.

And here we definitely disagree. To downplay the view finder issue by comparing it with the E-M5 humm is strange to say the least, and to declare that there isn't an issue at all is even worse. A finder is the main tool to frame an image. If a finder constantly strains your eyes, while all other finders do not, there is something wrong with it. Can't we agree on this?

We aren't talking about "defects" but probably about design mistakes. I have checked at least six GH3s over the time since its release, and none of the view finders worked as I would expect it and am used to in my history of working with G1, GH1, GH2, and E-M5 cameras.

If you say that the EVF works as intended, it makes the things worse. There are a lot of people, which aren't happy with the finder. The first reports about the finder problems came already from Photokina visitors, which raised the issue to public, but attributed the problem to the not final cameras at display. Apparently, Panasonic has not reacted and done a lot to correct the finder design, so that complaints aren't raised anymore.

-- hide signature --

Thomas

tgutgu's gear list:tgutgu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Olympus E-PL7 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +31 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow