Tripod recommendation - photo + video
I'm looking for a decent, budget-friendly tripod.
The tripod will get relatively light use, mostly for video (with a lightweight Canon Vixia camcorder) but also for photo with a Canon t4i.
- I don't have any really heavy lens, so load rating isn't very important.
- Since I want to do video, I ruled out ball heads. To be compatible with photography, I ruled out fluid heads as well (the light weight of the camcorder doesn't require it). I guess this just leaves me with 3-way pan heads.
- The tripod should reach at least 60". Closer to 72" is better.
Here are a few models I'm considering:
- Slik Pro 700DX ($160)
- Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod Legs (Black) w/ 804RC2 Head ($199)
- Manfrotto 055XDB Tripod Legs (Black) with 804RC2 3-Way Pan/Tilt Head ($184)
- Manfrotto 055XDB Tripod Legs (Black) with MH293A3-RC1 Aluminum 3-Way Head ($181)
I welcome any recommendation within the same price range, whether or not it is in my selection.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%
|Sunflower Field by GrannyMeg|
from An impressionist piece
|Flag from Staten Island Ferry by wam7|
|Windswept juniper by Kreber|
from Wind power
|SAND SCULPTURE by duskman|
from Landscape - Black and White #4