Tripod recommendation - photo + video
I'm looking for a decent, budget-friendly tripod.
The tripod will get relatively light use, mostly for video (with a lightweight Canon Vixia camcorder) but also for photo with a Canon t4i.
- I don't have any really heavy lens, so load rating isn't very important.
- Since I want to do video, I ruled out ball heads. To be compatible with photography, I ruled out fluid heads as well (the light weight of the camcorder doesn't require it). I guess this just leaves me with 3-way pan heads.
- The tripod should reach at least 60". Closer to 72" is better.
Here are a few models I'm considering:
- Slik Pro 700DX ($160)
- Manfrotto 055XPROB Tripod Legs (Black) w/ 804RC2 Head ($199)
- Manfrotto 055XDB Tripod Legs (Black) with 804RC2 3-Way Pan/Tilt Head ($184)
- Manfrotto 055XDB Tripod Legs (Black) with MH293A3-RC1 Aluminum 3-Way Head ($181)
I welcome any recommendation within the same price range, whether or not it is in my selection.
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|Kingfisher by cjf2|
from An A to Z of Subjects- Week 11, K
|Bull Rider Being Launched by RBFresno|
from FX bodies and very high ISO