Ming Thein reviews the GH3

Started Mar 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Marco Cinnirella
Marco Cinnirella Veteran Member • Posts: 7,249
Re: Interesting comments regarding the EVF

ryan2007 wrote:

sea_dragon wrote:

Here is another person observing and commenting on the distortion present in the EVF. This is NOT an imaginary problem or a usage issue as certain individuals here have suggested. Doubters take note!

Does not bother me, 95% of the time I use the OLED anyway and on occasion an external monitor attached to the hot shoe. After switching from Nikon DSLR a few years ago most of the MFT's did not have a view finder anyway and it was not a deal breaker no matter what the GH-3 is or is not for some.

If your going to complain about a camera complain about the final result IMO. One can just not buy the camera and then will have no complaints.

"If your going to complain about a camera complain about the final result IMO. One can just not buy the camera and then will have no complaints."

There is no law on these forums or the internet about what we can or can not complain about. Anyone is entitled to complain about what they like in a review, especially when it's on their own blog. It's clear that some of us are affected far more than others by the whole EVF issue - for some it simply isn't an issue, for others like me, it is really spoiling our enjoyment of what is, after all, a pretty expensive camera. Part of the fun of photography is enjoying the tools you are using - that is part of it, not just the pixels. And for some of us, the EVF issue is making using the GH3 a lot less enjoyable than it should be, or even downright hard when it impedes the ability to accurately manual focus with some lenses. It's entirely appropriate to comment on such issues. It seems to be to be a reasonable assumption to make that a flagship, expensive camera should have the best EVF in the product range don't you think?

-- hide signature --

"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." Ansell Adams.

Marco Cinnirella's gear list:Marco Cinnirella's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-T1 Sony a99 II Sony Alpha a99 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow