New Soft button company. One word... Beautiful!

Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
Rod McD Veteran Member • Posts: 6,038
Re: Would someone kindly educate me please?

Hi,

I've just read this entire thread and have come away somewhat stunned. There's enough material here for an entire psychiatric conference.   I've learned what a hipster is according to the UD and a more acerbic and probably more realistic position.  Here in Australia, it doesn't appear to be confined to the 20s and 30s but appears to be a term that my young teenage kids blast their peers with if they're non-conformist.  Since I'm heading for 60, I need not worry.

But can we return to photography please?  I've been a photographer since I was a kid and have used literally dozens of cameras from 4X5" to digital.  I've even got a respect for tripods and cable releases.  Could some kind soul please tell me what a hard wooden button sold as a 'soft release' does in the process of image creation?  If the advent of this accessory makes such a terrific contribution, why haven't the manufacturers picked up as standard.  Or is it just some strange form of affluent male jewellery?  (I notice that the posts are all or predominantly male - why is this?  Why aren't I hearing my female friends exchanging notes about their camera buttons??)

Thanks, Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Olympus Tough TG-4 Fujifilm X-T1 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow