Ming Thein reviews the GH3

Started Mar 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ron Outdoors Contributing Member • Posts: 774
Re: Ming Thein reviews the GH3

Yes, he certainly doesn't like the GH3. I've had the OM-D for a year and still get annoyed with the menus, especially having to start at the beginning each time. Had the GH3 for 2 months and have found that menu much easier to get around. But it is subjective.

The GH3 is too big for him. Coming from Canon dSLR's, I like the size of it. I bought the Pan 12-35 and 100-300 for use with my OM-D, but they really feel more comfortable on the GH3. The bare OM-D is too small for my hands, and probably many others, with all the discussion about optional grips.

I agree with him about the GH3 EVF. Not all it should have been. The OM-D one is clearer and easier to see the full view.

The GH3 price he gives seems high. And if you add a flash and optional grip to the OM-D, they are very close in price.

They are two different cameras. I go for the GH3 with the bigger lenses, video or tripod use. But for something lighter to casually carry around my neck, the OM-D with a smaller lens is great. And the retro (silver) look doesn't seem to put people off as much when I point it at them.

-- hide signature --

www.ronhartman.net

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow