Ming Thein reviews the GH3

Started Mar 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
joe talks photography
joe talks photography Regular Member • Posts: 247
Re: Ming Thein reviews the GH3

richarddd wrote:

Bottom line, essentially the same image quality as the E-M5, but he does not like the "UI and overall control logic: it just doesn’t feel like a well-thought out product, and isn’t at all intuitive in use."

http://blog.mingthein.com/2013/03/17/panasonic-lumix-gh3/

Given the great history of the GH series for video, his comments on the GH3 might and/or should be a concern for videographers. Then again, he doesn't seem to have a strength with video. Nor do I since camcorder days...with zero interest in it in my cameras!

On the menus, I have owned many a Panasonic G series camera and the menus are in-depth but they aren't really quickly assessible in the field so I would agree with reviewer to the extent that the Panasonic menus could be 'massaged' some to improve on them.

Lastly, I cannot see me owning one. Aside from size, the cost of the E-M5 is already a tad more than I would spend on a camera for the m43 system. For an equivalent amount of $$$ one could improve image potential with an APS-C model. Admittedly, I prefer m43 and its many great lenses. This may well cause me to move to the E-M5 after all!

-- hide signature --

Joe

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow