Ming Thein reviews the GH3

Started Mar 17, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ag_Paladin Contributing Member • Posts: 683
Re: Ming Thein reviews the GH3

tt321 wrote:

richarddd wrote:

Bottom line, essentially the same image quality as the E-M5, but he does not like the "UI and overall control logic: it just doesn’t feel like a well-thought out product, and isn’t at all intuitive in use."

http://blog.mingthein.com/2013/03/17/panasonic-lumix-gh3/

From this the people who prefer the Olympus or Panasonic way of doing things and dislike the other's way of doing things can have a good feel of the reviewer, and decide whether he syncs with their prejudices or not.

He does not seem to have a general preference for the Olympus or Panasonic way of doing things . He ends the review with "Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a personal bias because I very much like some of the company’s other products – the LX series, for instance – but the GH3 just left me cold."

As they say, YMMV.

To me, he's biased. I left a comment correcting some if his inaccuracies and also how my views differ from his. He moderated it and it wasn't published.

I used to have high regard for his reviews, now I just think he's an oly fanboy and hates anything to do with panasonic.

Ag_Paladin's gear list:Ag_Paladin's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario HD 14-140mm F4-5.8 OIS +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow