New Soft button company. One word... Beautiful!

Started Mar 15, 2013 | Discussions thread
bugeyed
bugeyed Senior Member • Posts: 1,337
Re: If anyone is hip enough to try one...

Ray Sachs wrote:

bugeyed wrote:

You said that the on/off switch gets in the way. Did you mean that the large button gets in the way of the on/off switch? Unless the X-Pro1 power switch works differently than the X-100, a large button should work. The X-100 shutter button stands proud of the switch ring, so I don't see that the button won't screw in completely & because of the design of the X-100 on/off switch assembly, the button itself turns the switch. All you have to do is rotate the button to turn the camera on & off. Actually, some of the large buttons offered by others have a knurled edge to facilitate this. In any case, I would put loctite thread lock on it. Use the blue, it's not as strong as the red & can be loosened if you need to. Be careful to apply product to the button & not the camera & use a tiny amount.

Cheers,

kev

I just think that things should work the way I expect them to.

The impression I got was it was the thickness that somehow interfered with fully depressing the button, but I'm not really sure. But when the company warns me that something won't work (when it's obviously in their interest to sell me one), I tend to take their word for it.

-Ray
-------------------------
http://www.flickr.com/photos/20889767@N05/collections/72157626204295198/

Ah, so it must bottom out on the switch ring. The button must hang down below the plane of the shutter button then. The ones I have are flat on the bottom & don't have that issue. They don't look as nice as the wood ones though. I have a flat one that I may add a wood dome to, to get the look although I prefer that the shutter button not protrude above the top of the camera. Enjoy!

Cheers,

kev

-- hide signature --

I just think that things should work the way I expect them to.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow