Olympus C-2000 Zoom review

Started Dec 21, 1999 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Unknown user 14398 New Member • Posts: 1
Olympus C-2000 Zoom review

I spent months trying to decide whether to jump into digital and then which camera to choose. I read many of the reviews posted here as well as other sites and finally chose the replacement for the C-2000, the C-2020.

I am absolutely thrilled with my choice. The C-2020 addresses most all of the complaints about the C-2000. The power on button has been incorporated into the mode setting dial instead of being a button on top of it, which was a big complaint. The lens cap doesnt pop off when powering on any more. The menu system has been revamped and is so easy and intuitive. The camera now has focus lock confirmation just like my 35mm Minolta.

This is my first digital camera and I was taking beautiful shots within a few minutes of popping in the batteries. Leave in on program mode and let it rip. I have had maybe one or two out of focus shots out of 100.

I read all of the complaints about the batteries but I was surprised at how well the Nimh performed that came with the camera. They were fully charged in about 3 hours and I took well over 100 photos on the first day I had the camera whithout needing to be recharged. I am ok with that. I bought a Fuji Smartmedia USB card reader which solved my downloading question and as of yet I haven't needed the AC adapter I bought.

Image quality is superb! The colors are absolutely right on and true. Some of the cameras I reviewed had trouble here, most notably the Canon S10. I am amazed at the images in auto mode. Indoors or outdoors makes no difference. The flash is very powerful and works well. The C-2020 even has a movie mode which allows you to take 15-60 seconds of movies depending on the resolution.

I choose the Olympus C-2020 because the company was responsive to users needs by fixing the minor complaints users had with the C-2000. Plus this camera allows me to upgrade lenses and add an external flash if I choose.

Problems:

Absolutely none so far

Olympus C-2000 Zoom
2 megapixels • 1.8 screen • 35 – 105 mm (3×)
Announced: Feb 16, 1999
Unknown user 14398's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow