Fujifilm FinePix 6900 Zoom review

Started Nov 23, 2001 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Gerry Hanna New Member • Posts: 18
Fujifilm FinePix 6900 Zoom review

A national magazine rated this camera as "near perfect" so I had little worry about acquiring one. The images obtained were outstanding; richly coloured and well exposed - on the LCD and the PC monitor, but thereon things disappointed in almost every aspect when hard prints emerged. Skin-tones were ruined by deep blue areas, auto-focus almost impossible in medium to low light, flash shots either blasted the subject with light or almost no light at all. In macro mode it had a split personality; the LCD image sharp but the focus indicator blinking like mad. The EVF almost useless, and manual focus - a joke. In fairness, when it did work, the results were very good, but only a percentage of shots were successful. A camera that works sometimes is, to me, not worth the space it takes up and I have to put the Fuji 6900Z in this category. I am more convinced than ever that EPSON are the only manufacturer who knows how to create a reliable working digital camera; and I have used many products from several makers. Nice try Fuji, but I think you are trying to please too many masters and forgetting the basics - simplicity and reliability of results.

Problems:

See above and add poor battery life.

Fujifilm FinePix 6900 Zoom
3 megapixels • 2 screen • 35 – 210 mm (6×)
Announced: Mar 22, 2001
Gerry Hanna's score
Average community score
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow